Adaptogens have become a super-powerful word in this new era of wellness and health. They are the main ingredients in supplements, detox juices, and healthy bars. Popular belief is that they are good for our health, but do you really know what they are, and what are their benefits and effects? And most importantly, are they good for our furry babies?
What are adaptogens?
They are non-toxic herbal medicines that boost our physical abilities, as well as our emotional capacities. These herbs have been used in ancient Ayurvedic treatments and Chinese healing for centuries. In addition, they stimulate our anti-depressive, anti-fatigue, and anti-age functions while enhancing our mental capacity and helping us deal with stress.
There are different kinds of adaptogens with diverse properties and benefits. Our All-in-one Powerful Blend of Superherbs and Mushrooms combines them to boost its results. Besides, it is made of organic adaptogens, such as Ashwagandha Root Extract, Reishi Mushroom Powder, Tulsi Leaf Extract, and Rhodiola Extract, among other all-natural ingredients.
In simple words: Adaptogens are to our minds, what exercise is to our bodies. The more we consume them, the more benefits they bring to our health.
Adaptogens in dogs
Similar to their effect in humans, adaptogens in dogs help balance their response system and lower stress. Besides, ‘Adaptogens’ are named like that after their adapting properties. They help your dog’s body adapt to stress, self-regulate, and create a state of balance.
Especially through these odd times, it’s important to provide our dogs special care and natural stress relievers. Besides, if your dog suffers from anxiety, adaptogens can make a real difference in his SRB (Separation Related Behavior). In addition, these super herbs can:
- Bolster immune system
- Lower stress, calm hyperactivity, and sooth anxiety
- Protect and support heart health
- Help the nervous central system and increase cognitive function
- Prevents and fights tumors and other chronic diseases
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Boost digestive system
Additionally, adaptogenic herbs can make a significant difference in the quality of life of senior dogs who suffer from chronic conditions.
Among which, we can find:
Ashwagandha Root Extract
This ingredient contains high levels of iron and free amino acids such as glycine, valine, tyrosine, proline, and alanine, which enhance the immune system and treat anemia, inflammation, bacterial infection, and diarrhea.
- Improves the quality of bodily tissues
- Provides a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal activity
- Maintains the normal function of the nervous and cardiovascular system.
This powerful mushroom contains all the essential amino acids, and a wide variety of bioactive molecules. Besides, it has antioxidant properties, and compounds that have many medicinal benefits.
- Supports a balanced immune system
- Can stop growth and even shrink tumors
- Nourishes and protects kidneys and liver
- Speeds wound healing
This ingredient contains 60 different minerals and vitamins. Plus, it is a natural source of amino acids (it has over 21), and it contains 25% protein with only 2% fat.
- Helps reduce inflammation and itching
- Speeds up weight loss and metabolism
- Regulates the activity of the thyroid, pituitary, and adrenal glands
- Helps digestion due to its high fiber content
Homemade dog treats with adaptogens
I know, you are wondering how can you add these super herbs to your dog’s diet, right? Don’t worry, it’s pretty simple. You can add adaptogen powder to his regular food and supplementation, or even to your homemade treats.
Here is an idea of a healthy homemade snack for your pup! Take note:
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free peanut butter
- 1 cup of wheat flour or oatmeal flour
- 1 tbsp of Mokai’s All-in-one
Cinnamon to taste
Dog Approved :)