Netflix and chill is always a good idea, but if you add your furry friend to the equation, you definitely have the pawrfect plan! However, while some dogs would be happy to nap with you throughout the day, others are a sack full of energy. So, if you're looking for a furry cuddle, here is a list of the 10 laziest dog breeds who will love to spend their afternoons chilling with you.
10 Laziest Dog Breeds Who Will Choose Couch Over Fetch
Adopting a dog is a serious matter that entails responsibility and long-term commitment. So, before choosing a life companion, it is a good idea to ensure that he can adjust to your lifestyle.
Not all dogs are up for long-fast walks or high-energy games such as fetching balls all day long. Some dogs were actually born to take long naps and quiet strolls with their pet parents and would prefer cozy sleeping rather than vigorous running beyond the shadow of a doubt.
1. Basset Hound: Docile breed who is mild-mannered. Even though they are known for being slow and lazy, they still enjoy long slow walks and long play sessions. Basset Hounds are the ideal breed for kids since basset hounds will play with them but won’t make them extra excited.
2. Bulldog: French and English bulldogs are not the same, but they share similar features, and laziness is one of them. These pups are definitely part of the 10 laziest dog breeds: they love spending hours resting by your side, they are friendly, easy-going, social, and they get along with anyone they meet.
3. Chow chow: This breed is known for being super adaptable. They love to spend time with their owners and are super loyal, so they basically will be up to any task you want to do. However, he will probably be attached to just one owner and bond with him deeply. In addition, they are super fluffy, so cuddling with them unlocks a whole new level of ‘cozy’.
4. Bernese Mountain Dog: They were basically bred to be watchdogs, so they are used to spending long hours in the quiet. They are loyal, affectionate, and eager to please their owners. Due to their big size and quiet personality, they enjoy slow walks and training sessions.
5. Saint Bernard: This breed has a very low exercise need and a low energy level. They are gentle, friendly, and outgoing, but they would rather go for a nap instead of any other activity. The perfect companion for lazy owners.
6. Greyhounds: Don’t be fooled by their reputation: even though greyhounds have a very athletic body and are known for racing, they enjoy spending the entire day sleeping (who doesn’t, right? 😉). They are calm, sweet-tempered dogs who are very sleepy but agile when they need to be.
7. Great Dane: Guardians, playful, and affectionate, these dogs are often called ‘Gentle giants’ since their sweet and joyful personalities don’t seem to fit their size. Fact: If you are a pet parent to a Great Dane, you’ve gotta act fast as they will probably steal your side of the couch.
8. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: Known as a very low-maintenance breed, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are often chosen by big families since aside from being quiet, affectionate, and intelligent, they love to interact with their owners and they are very good with children.
9. Tibetan Mastiff: Intelligent, independent, easy to train, and super protective of their family. They are also pretty watchful, quiet, and calm unless they are provoked. They require consistent and firm training since they can be aggressive towards strangers.
10. Shih Tzu: Perky, affectionate, and outgoing, their favorite activity is probably following people around. They are great companion dogs and enjoy being surrounded by people. Due to their size and low exercise needs, Shih Tzus also make excellent apartment dogs and are one of the 10 laziest dog breeds.