‘Holistic’ is a word that has been strengthened over the past few years. You have probably heard about holistic care for people, but what about holistic care for pets?
What does holistic mean?
A holistic approach is characterized by the belief that the parts of something are intimately connected as a whole. It focuses on a person’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual wellbeing, rather than in just one aspect of life. Holistic approaches emphasize the connection between mind and body, and it considers beings as a whole.
5 Holistic Pet Care Tips
Adopting a holistic pet care approach includes:
- Proper diet to avoid diseases: Food is fuel for our bodies. If you give your dog’s body poor fuel, as a result, his health will be poor as well. Unfortunately, many of the foods available in the market contain additives and fillers which are harmful to our dogs. Feeding our dogs with all-natural ingredients food, such as our Daily-Multi Vitamins, which include all the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids they need is the best way to ensure their good health.
- Food additives: They contain a whole powerful blend of ingredients that boost your dog’s digestive and immune system. Our new food additive named All-in-one is full of organic adaptogens which have anti-depressive, anti-fatigue, and anti-age functions, and enhance dogs’ mental capacity and help them deal with stress.
- Exercise and games: In order to keep your dog happy, you need to take care of his entertainment. Dogs need daily mental and physical stimulation to feel healthy. The recommended amount of time of exercise dogs need can vary from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Dealing with anxiety: Dogs can suffer from anxiety for several reasons: traveling, loud noises, fireworks, movings, etc. But regardless of their source, our job as pet parents is to help them deal with it. Mokai’s Stress and Anxiety Soft Chews and Treats provide calming support and assure your pet during stressful situations, by using only natural ingredients.
- Dental care: Last but not least, oral care is part of active care. Pet owners tend to neglect the dental health of their furry babies, thinking their oral hygiene is not that important. But actually, poor dental health can make it hard for dogs to eat and can cause health conditions such as tooth decay and gum disease. Mokai’s Dental Powder and Wipes remove bacteria and microbes while gently cleansing your dog’s teeth and freshening his breath.