As pet-parents, we make a lot of sacrifices for our dogs. Their needs always come first and we provide them with the best possible care… That’s why we deserve to have our special days as well! Now, if you are wondering: ‘I have a dog, does it make me a dog father?’ The answer is absolutely not! Being a dog dad involves a lot more than having a dog at home…
How to tell if you are a dog father?
Ok, this is easy. We have developed a short test to find out if you are a good dog father. Let’s see how many of the following actions you can relate to:
- You call off dates to stay at home snuggling your dog.
- Before going anywhere, you make sure the place is pet-friendly.
- You had to mute your zoom meeting more than 3 times in a row because your pooch was barking.
- First, you feed your dog. Then, you start thinking about what you are going to eat (spoiler alert: probably leftovers).
- You talk to him in a thin dog voice and you would be terribly ashamed if someone heard it.
- When you go out for the day, you are constantly thinking about what your dog must be doing.
- Your phone gallery is spammed with pictures of your furry BFF. (And you don’t keep them to yourself: You send those pictures to friends, family, and even co-workers)
- You find yourself talking to other pet-parents about your baby and his/her behaviors.
- If you go out at night, you make sure to leave a light on just in case he/she is afraid of the dark.
- You know the names of all the dogs living in the hood, and you call them friends.
If you got at least 6 out of 10, then congratulations! You are officially a dog father.
On a more serious note, adopting a dog is a big decision. Ensuring his care and happiness is key to a responsible adoption. Taking care of a dog takes time, money, and effort, but the reward is amazing. You’ll get the most faithful and loyal life companion, and you’ll never ever feel alone again. Quite something, right?
So, for those who are already dog fathers, happy day to you all! Thank you for every treat and snuggle. Your dogs love you and appreciate you more than you can imagine!